Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pearl Harbor

Day 4
We went to Pearl Harbor on about our only sunny day! It was such a neat experience to be there with Ryan. We met 4 survivors who were just the sweetest men there. This day wasn't about fun, it was remembering our military family and honoring them. It was a very good experience that really got to me and especially to Ryan. The video we saw really got to me but I am so glad that I was able to honor those and see history for myself. We also saw the USS Utah. We then went over to the USS Missouri where the peace treaty for World War II was signed. It is the last battleship the US has that is now retired. We took an Ipod tour that was so incredible. By the time we saw all of Pearl Harbor, we were worn out. What a neat day though. We really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Pearl Harbor. I didn't know much about it before so I learned a lot! So crazy what happened there.

    ReplyDelete